Sunday, May 23, 2010

I am unfamiliar with Outlook and I like Gmail. What are the advantages of receiving my G-mails in my Outlook?

If you are looking for a way to consolidate multiple email addresses then Outlook will accomplish that easily. If you just want to access your Gmail with another client - Outlook will work but of course, you can access you're mail on-line. Perhaps one advantage would be that you could compose mail offline in Outlook and queue it up to be sent when you are ready but I'm sure you can do that in Gmail. Outlook is a great program, it has a nice set of features such as contacts, tasks, calenders and unlimited folders you can create to sort your mail and generally keep yourself organized and efficient. I would think it would be a bulky if your intention is to use it for email only.
I am unfamiliar with Outlook and I like Gmail. What are the advantages of receiving my G-mails in my Outlook?
Basically Outlook is an on-demand email client program. It will download your email from any email provider that has POP access. The advantage is that it will download your email to your computer where you can access it w/o having to log on to your email account. This way you can back up and save your emails essentially forever.





By customizing Outlook you can have control over how it operates. It also gives you more choices as far a fonts and HTML.





The downside to Outlook is that once it downloads your email from the server, it will delete it off the server, which means you won't be able to access it through web mail. However this can be fixed by changing a setting in Outlook.





I recommend that if you want to keep your mail on the server also, you should be disconnected from the I Net when you set it up, otherwise as soon as you set up the account it will download all your email before you can stop it.





After setting up your email account go to Tools %26gt; Accounts %26gt; Properties %26gt; Advanced tab and check to "leave a copy of messages on server". Then you can have your email in both places.

No comments:

Post a Comment