Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why is my yahoo account acting up? (e.g.) It won't let me sign on to read my mail...and my home page changed?!

聽聽聽If you are able to sign into anything else Yahoo! (like Messenger for example) then the problem is most likely just a temporary one with Yahoo! Mail itself.


聽聽聽If your homepage has changed to a different looking Yahoo! page it's because Yahoo! is testing a new format on random users. It will revert back to the original page in a few days. If you hate it, there should be a link to allow you to give feedback about the new format, tell them all about why you don't like it.


聽聽聽You can try deleting your cache, the whole delete the temp files and cookies thing, that may get rid of it briefly for the time being.


聽聽聽Personally I like the new format, I think the layout is better. Besides, it's only the generic Yahoo! page that's affected, if you'd have bothered taking the 3 minutes necessary to set up your own "My Yahoo!" page and set it as your home page then you'd have never known anything was different.
Why is my yahoo account acting up? (e.g.) It won't let me sign on to read my mail...and my home page changed?!
You didn't say what your homepage changed to, nor did you say if you could get to the sign-in page at all and not just get a warning after you enter an incorrect password, (try signing in to Yahoo Messenger, for example, to check) but it sounds like you have some spyware on your system. Do a spyware scan (you can use Ad-Aware from http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/ ) and get rid of the bad stuff on your system.





Hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment