Saturday, October 24, 2009

Why wont my PC let me access google or g-mail, or my childrens school web site all of the sudden.?

It takes about 2 minutes for the page to load only to tell me that "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have done a disk defragmentation, and disk clean up. I have also cleared my history, and shut down the PC overnight, and restarted. I don't know what else to do. One day it worked fine, the next day, Nothing. I have called the school, and they say everything is fine on there end, and there have been NO other complaints of this problem. UUgghh. Please help.
Why wont my PC let me access google or g-mail, or my childrens school web site all of the sudden.?
Try to reconnect your network


Go to the network symbol at the lower corner at the right side of your display (Task bar), right click the network (small computer logo), then select repair.
Reply:Well this really can be a few things. If you can access other pages on the internet then it's not your actual internet connection and is probally just a feature you may of setup by accident if you have a virus protetion program running. another thing to try is to check if your firewall is blocking that particular site. start%26gt;control panel%26gt;firewall%26gt;turn off and try it again, if it works then tunr it back on but find the rule added to block the site and choose to allow it.





Now .....if you can't access any websites then it's your internet connection. Chances are your service has been disconnected or if you are using a cable modem then you may need to unplug your modem and restart your computer then plug your modem back in.





If you are using a router between your computer and modem then plug your computer straight to the modem and repeat the above step.





These are the only things that I could think of to be your problem.





If all else fails contact your internet provider and they can tell you if your connection is reaching the internet.
fantasy name

No comments:

Post a Comment