Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mac E-mail: Automatically Deleting E-mails from G-Mail server?

I just started using my new MacBook and I'm a real noob, so I'm having some issues. I want the Mail program on the Mac to check my G-mail, and if I delete an e-mail on my Mac, I want it to delete on the G-mail server. I have the "Remove a copy from server after retrieving message" set to "When message is removed from inbox". However, when I delete messages in my mac e-mail, they remain on the G-mail server. I even make sure my Trash bin is empty on my Mac. Can anyone help?
Mac E-mail: Automatically Deleting E-mails from G-Mail server?
check your Gmail settings


Go to Settings -%26gt; fowarding, POP, and IMAP, and find the dropdown box in #2. Make sure it either says Archive or Delete.





If you select archive, it will remove it from the inbox but not totally delete it. it will be in the "All mail" tab after your mac retrieves mail.





If you select delete, it will be gone forever after your mac retrieves mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment